Sunday, March 18, 2012

The beginning

     I have been told by many medical professionals that I need to exercise.  Tell me something I don't know - like how to get motivated to exercise.  I know I need to exercise; I really want to exercise.  My treadmill is broke - so I don't walk.  My exercise bike doesn't have an odometer; I won't know how far I rode.   My elliptical thingamagig rattles... maybe it isn't safe to use. I don't want to get my indoor walking shoes dirty by wearing them OUTDOORS.   I have excuses..... what I don't have is motivation.

     My wonderful sister from Ohio called me the other night (I live in Georgia). 
     "You can do anything for fifteen minutes," she reminded me.  "Let's ride our exercise bikes together."  
     So we rode and talked to each other on our cell phones for fifteen minutes.  We ended our conversation at that point, made a date to do the same thing the following night, and got off our bikes.  Well, that wasn't too bad.  I still don't know how far I went, but I did exercise for fifteen minutes.
     The next night I rode for 20 minutes.  I sweated, and enjoyed it.

     MAYBE I will start an exercise program.

No comments:

Post a Comment